Scuba Diving Scam in Goa
– Know more about the cheap Scuba water sports combo in Goa
Goa is the most tourist-friendly place in India. Lakhs of tourists visit Goa throughout the year to enjoy the hot sun and beautiful coastline of India. Goa is blessed with one of the biggest coastlines with beautiful beaches. Most of the beaches in Goa offer a wide range of Water Sports which includes sports like Scuba Diving, Parasailing, Boat Ride, Bumper, Banana Ride & many more.
Goa is blessed with beautiful coral and Marine life which makes it best for underwater diving. Grande Island is one such Island in Goa offering a very good diving spot where you can explore varied fishes, unique coral life and not to forget the Shipwreck – remains of Ship underwater.
Many good certified companies have been offering genuine Scuba Diving packages for many years in Goa but lately what we see is one of the biggest scams in the name of Scuba Diving by unregistered Scuba Diving operators. They not only sell cheap scuba packages but also risk the lives of many tourists opting for such scuba packages. Scuba Diving is supposed to be a costly affair and is usually sold at nothing less than 3000 per dive but you see many unauthorized operators selling such packages at a mere 1000 INR.
There are many unregistered travel agencies in Goa especially in the coastal belt who sell such packages. Packages they offer for 1000 include transportation, Scuba diving with free Video, 5 Water Sports rides, lunch & some even offer complimentary hard drinks. Common sense will tell you that you cannot get so many services in just 1000-1200 per person and if you do get it what to expect when Scuba alone is for Rs. 3000+ & Water Rides on the beaches of Goa for 1500-2000.
When you buy a cheap Scuba Diving Package what you get is a 30-45 sec dive near BAT Island and not GRANDE ISLAND. Most Scuba operators do not even have valid permission to operate at Grande Island which in turn fools tourists by diving at BAT ISLAND which does not offer any underwater life and corals naturally. NO Shipwreck at this site. For a genuine experience, you have to opt for Grande Island which you can confirm by using your Google Maps at the site of the dive. Do not Pay them unless you are all satisfied with the correct location of Grande Island.
Apart from Scuba Diving these cheap scuba diving packages also include Water Sports rides like Parasailing, Bumper Ride, Banana Ride, Speed Boats & Jetskis which is another level of SCAM. You will be taken to the nearest beach to the Island usually – Baina Beach where you will be given a very very small round of all the water sports which last hardly 15-20 secs. If you complain about the short ride you will be offered a bigger round at an additional cost which might be very tight for your budget. Food Served on the trip is of very low quality and served in the boat itself in a very unhygienic condition.
Remember when you dive with genuine operators they will warn you not to fly for the next 24 hours but with the cheap Package you are allowed to travel or for that matter they will not even ask you about your health status. TRUST ME THE CHEAP CATEGORY SCUBA FLAUNTS WITH ALL SAFETY MEASURES. IF YOU OPT THEM BE READY TO BLAME YOURSELF.
If you are smart enough you can easily find out that you are going to be scammed for what you just paid. There are many complaints put up to the govt by tourist for scamming them and spoiling their holidays.
This blog is just to make you aware of how you can be scammed in your next Goa Trip by some unauthorized Travel firm that sells cheap Scuba Diving Packages. Please be aware that SCUBA DIVING is to be done by an Authorized operator only if you love your life and want to seriously enjoy diving in Goa. Many such operators are not even much educated & clueless about the SCUBA safety and Norms. Some do not even know the full form of SCUBA. I am sharing some Videos and Links where you can verify the above information for yourself before indulging in SCUBA DIVING in Goa.
To avoid potential scams while scuba diving in Goa consider the following precautions:
- Research Dive Centers: Look for reputable and well-reviewed dive centers with certified instructors. Read online reviews and ask for recommendations from fellow travelers.
- Check Certifications: Ensure that the dive center and its instructors are certified by recognized organizations, such as PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) or SSI (Scuba Schools International).
- Transparent Pricing: Be wary of dive centers that have unclear or hidden fees. Get a clear understanding of the total cost upfront, including equipment rental, training, and any additional charges. Mind you genuine SCUAB DIVE will not be less than 3000 per dive.
- Ask Questions: Don’t hesitate to ask questions about the dive, safety procedures, and the equipment being used. Legitimate dive operators will be happy to provide information.
- Avoid Street Agents: Be cautious of individuals or agents on the street offering scuba diving services. It’s better to book directly with established dive centers.
- Inspect Equipment: Before diving, inspect the equipment to ensure it’s in good condition. If anything seems questionable, don’t hesitate to ask for a replacement or choose another dive center.
- Get Written Agreements: Request a written agreement or receipt that outlines the services, costs, and any other important details. This can be helpful in case of any disputes.
- Trust Your Instincts: If something doesn’t feel right or if you’re uncomfortable, it’s okay to walk away. Your safety is the top priority.
Always prioritize your safety and choose reputable dive operators to have a positive and secure scuba diving experience in Goa or any other destination. If you are looking for a genuine experience you can check out some of these Dive Centers based in Calangute/Candolim Area which provide pure Scuba Diving ranging from 30 min dive to 45 min dive with Swimming pool training.
- Dive Goa
- Flying Fish
- Goa Aquatics
Or Call us at 9673992899 and will make sure you are guided to make the best decision.
REMEMBER YOU CANNOT GET SCUBA FOR CHEAP RATE. ITS A SCAM
Here are a few Articles and Video Links for your reference.